Series: Excelling in Christ
Title: Facing the Battle
Ref: 1 Thessalonians 2:14-20
Facing the Battle
1. We are Engaged in a _____________________ (v.14-16)
Living for Jesus is more than just knowing Jesus, its _________________ Jesus with others.
We are called to be on the ___________________ of the battle for the souls of men.
2. We Must Stay Ever ____________________ (v.17-18)
It takes work to keep people in the ___________________of our hearts.
Satan works against us:
- He ___________________________ (John 8:44)
- He ______________________ to lead us astray (2 Cor 11:13-15)
- He tempts us to _______________________ with Christ (2 Cor 11:33)
- He ____________________ the truth of God’s word (Matt 13:19)
- He ___________________ the gospel (2 Cor 4:4)
3. _______________________ above all Else (v.19-20)
Nothing is more important than to____________________ in people.
The most effective Christian is one who is ___________________ to God, _________________ in God, and leaves the results in His hands.
Who will ___________________, when you stand before Jesus?